Monday was a hectic day, so a typical Monday I suppose.

Monday was a hectic day, so a typical Monday I suppose. I took George, the beta, and his 8 shrimp friends to work on Monday, he had lots of visitors, since he is the first office pet. Toni went to check and the hot fence gate into the corn field had been knocked down, so two mini mares and a mini mule were out grazing on a little patch of grass they found. They were not too interested in going back in, and trotted around in circles. Cousin in law, which someone told cousin Jolene there was no such thing, how is there no such thing as a cousin in law?? Anyway, back to the story, cousin in law Toby came out and helped bend them in the right direction. When Toni finally got out to check 201 had calved, we are down to the last few stragglers. It was a great day to calve, the sun was shining and the little guy was running around bucking already. Toni got home to 112 emails and her client waiting. Monday was out last day of mom making desserts for my birthday month, so we had cream puffs, and she made vanilla cream or lemon cream to put in them. She said she screwed them up, but they were AMAZING, so none of us knew how she screwed them up. Jaxsen had basketball practice and then Toni and dad went into the emergency school board meeting about the masks and kids walking out. It was a circus of a meeting and they left before it was over. 

Tuesday morning was very brisk, but the sun was out. Dad took the boys into school. George was still alive when I got to work on Tuesday, he only had 5 people make sure he made it through the night. The heifer in the heavy pen, 952, finally calved. Tuesday Jax had a basketball game in Basin City where the hot topic of conversation was the school board meeting the night before. They played well. Jax took a shot. We watched the kids on Washington Grown on Tuesday night, it was posted on their YouTube channel on Tuesday. It was pretty cool. Everyone did a great job and it was fun to watch. If you look really hard, pretty much all of “our” kids that showed at Spokane were in the video as they were in the background if they didn’t get an interview. 

Wednesday morning dad went to Central Ferry to get two mares from Sonny and Jeannie and a pallet of dog food. He was supposed to be there at 9, but in typical dad fashion he was there at 8. Toni took the boys to school. Then she came home to the mini mare being in heat and out trying to lure Sagebug over the fence. So back in that mini had to go which resulted in Toni fixing the fence and texting me and John for about 15 minutes about how much she doesn’t like minis. Unless they are her minis, then she likes them. George is still doing good, swimming around his bowl. I did not see the shrimp on Wednesday, maybe he ate them. I am unsure. He only had 3 visitors on Wednesday. Toni, Kaine and Kade put up a pole in Stetson’s pen, he had eaten through it in his nervousness of being in a new area. Toni has been chomping at the bit to get some fencing done. She has had dad calling around getting prices and rounding up fencing. 711 had a nice bull calf.

Thursday it wanted to kind of snow a little. A few flakes. Loud, Jaxsen’s cow out of Noisy, had a nice bull calf on Thursday. Loud is the sweetest cow, Toni got out and gave him some pets. Jaxsen had a basketball game on Thursday but because he was so tired, he stayed home and rested.  Thursday Toni started rolling up wire from the fence between 7 and 8, which is the fence we are going to replace once the ground thaws up enough to dig posts.  There was still snow along the fence line, but some of the wire got rolled up into a ball and taken out.  Kaine has been driving his High Sierra GMC “cool” pick-up around with his dog. It is pretty funny that we have been embarrassed for years by that pick-up and now it is back in style. It has been an excellent ranch pick-up but it is poop brown. I don’t know anyone can get passed that. 

Friday Anna, Kaine and I had dentist appts first thing in the morning, so Toni checked. She gave me a stern talking too about leaving the dogs in the house so they could not check with her. Mur likes to be the extra dog that goes along for the ride. We stopped and picked up the 5th wheel from Broadmoor on our way home, it was finished.  They did an excellent job like always. We have nothing but good to say about Broadmore RV in Pasco. They do great work and really support the youth of our community through donations and livestock purchases at the fair. Anna went to school when we got back. Kaine and I unhooked the camper, took the hitch out, he went out and worked on his pick up after.  I went out and did the afternoon cow check, took pictures and then updated some cattle records.  We met Toni down at Mom’s and got the foals in, sorted the ones that we haven’t halter broke yet, dewormed them, and started to work on them. Sam, the one Ben is keeping, is massive, and not that tame. She is out of Mocha and Sagebug so she should be dog tame. Maybe this is one of those deals where she is so beautiful and exactly the color we have dreamed of owning, so she can be a spaz? She is black with a blazed face. We have owned many black horses, but none with a blaze. We just think she is the most beautiful horse. Her attitude may change our opinions, but she is a Mocha/Sagebug so probably once we get a halter on her and actually put some effort in, she will be our dream horse. Let’s hope. 

Saturday morning the Meacham’s, minus Jaxsen, went to basketball tournaments in Kennewick. Ben, Kaine, Camas and Todd went on the youth duck hunt, the Meacham men went before the tournament and Kade got one duck before he had to go. Anna and I ran through the cows, and then went to mom and dads to load Quinn up, so she could head to her new home. We picked up Jaxsen and went back to my house. The three of us ran meat over to Debbie and then went to Othello for lunch. We came back and Anna washed her steers. Jaxsen and I took one of the mini mares back to circle 5. Checked the mares for heavy ones. I walked through them and Jaxsen drove. We went back to the house and Jaxsen drove the Colorado down the hill, and parked it, he was pretty proud of that. I walked through the steer and show heifer pen to make sure everyone looked alright. I went and helped Anna lead her steers down and then went and finished up on some paperwork. Then we went down to do chores. Toni had Cash in, haltered, and hooked to Tulip when I got there. Cash is our other black filly out of our Apache Blue Boy daughter that we got from Canada. Cash has been wonderful and is out of Brays Eye Full “Dillion” standing at Bridgeman Land and Livestock- they have some great horses.  After Cash we caught Pistol Pete, got him hooked up to Tulip and moved him to the halter breaking pen with Hottie. He has been really reallly good for just getting a halter on. After chores we went through the mares list to put with stallions.  Lots of good discussion. Everyone has a favorite stud and it shows in the voting of where to put mares.

                Sunday we went out and tagged in the morning. At lunch we went through the cow AI list and picked who we are AIing to who. After lunch we tagged the calves in the heavy pen, turned them out. Put one of the last two heifers to calve in the heavy pen, and a heavy cow to keep her company. I think we are down to the last 10 to calve. Anna and Kaine washed their steers. Ben and I went out and finished tagging the last few calves we had to make tags for. Then chores.  Pistol Pete did great on his first day of actual halter breaking. We are always so pleased with our Gunner foals. Even when they are monster big, they are super smart and good to work with.

We are super excited that Jordan Pace Horsemanship has gotten 30 rides on both Tank and King. The progress these young studs are making is tremendous.  We are excited to see the foals out of Tank this year, and of course, he will be standing for 2022 for a few outside mares. If everyone that has said they want to breed to King comes through, then he is booked for 2022, so if anyone wants to breed to him, let us know asap. We may be able to fit one more mare in with him.

We are also really excited about a new stud that is joining our neighborhood. His name starts with KT and we are stoked that he will be open to the public for 2022 at a crazy good introductory fee. We have already booked one of our mares to him.  The minute we have the go ahead from the new owner, we will put the word out. But we are excited!!!!!!! Pictures and more info coming soon.

Categories: Uncategorized | Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Post navigation

Comments are closed.

Blog at

%d bloggers like this: