KT RANCH, LLC
2750 Hendricks, Rd
Connell, WA 99326
This STALLION BREEDING CONTRACT FOR live cover for the breeding season of 20 , made and entered into on this day of___, 20__, is by and between KT RANCH, LLC, a Washington limited liability company,
hereinafter designated Stallion Owner, and ________________, hereinafter designated Mare Owner or Mare Lessee (hereinafter referred to as “Mare Owner”), Mare Owner to breed the Mare _______,Reg.
No.____, to the Stallion , for the Stud Fee of $750.00 ($1000.00 to KT Gunpowder N Lead, KT Gunners Sage
Bug, and KT HotTimeinCowtown) for live cover subject to the following conditions:
- The Stud fee includes a non-refundable booking fee of $100.00, payable with this contract. The Stud Fee balance must be paid in full before the mare(s) leaves premises. Any Stud fee which has not been paid will be turned over to collections. Further, registration papers for any foals of the mating will not be obtainable. Failure to pay Stud Fee will result in the mare not being included in the stallion report. Any late Stud Fee will incur 12% interest per anum from the date due. If the Stud Fee is paid late, Mare Owner will be responsible for paying any late costs, inclusive of late stallion report fees. Mare Owner agrees that board and caring will accrue at $150.00 per month, or $5.00 per day.
- The mare owner will send a complete copy of the mare’s registration papers with this contract as well as any necessary lease information or documentation needed. Mares to be bred to KT Gunpowder N Lead MUST have been tested HERDA Negative as said stallion is HERDA carrier prior to mare being brought onto the Stallion Owner’s premises. If mare has aborted or failed to carry a foal full term, a vet inspection with a veterinarian report that the mare is breeding sound is required.
- The Mare Owner shall agree that each mare offered for breeding shall be in sound breeding condition and free from infection of disease. Any mare certified by the attending veterinarian not to be, in her opinion, in sound breeding condition shall not be bred. A Mare Owner may substitute another mare within that breeding season. Mare must be halter broke and healthy. As the breeding will be a pasture breeding, any mare that refuses to stay with the herd may be sent home by Stallion Owner. Mare Owner shall be solely responsible for all acts and behavior of mare at all times during this agreement. In no case shall Stallion Owner nor their agents, members, employees, or guests be liable for the acts and/or behavior of the mare other than if said person is grossly negligent. Mare Owner agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Stallion Owner against all damages sustained or suffered due to any third party that were caused by the acts of the mare or her foal while on Stallion Owner premises.
- The Stallion Owner agrees to diligently try and settle the above mare and shall have sole discretion of determining the best method of breeding such mare. If, however, the mare does not settle, the Stallion Owner shall not be held responsible. Stallion Owner states that mares will be bred by pasture breeding unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
- Live Foal Guarantee, Live Foal means the Stallion Owner guarantees that the foal shall live 24 hours. Veterinarian proof is required. It is understood that, if the mare proves barren, aborts her foal, or if the foal is stillborn A RETURN SEASON WILL BE GUARANTEED THE FOLLOWING YEAR ONLY, providing proper notification is given and a veterinarian has documented the issue. This guarantee only applies if the Mare Owner notifies the Stallion Owner within one (1) week from the death of the foal.
- Waiver of Liability. It is understood that the Stallion Owner, breeding farm, its owners, employees, veterinarians, and guests shall not be liable for any injury, damage, escape, disability, or death of any horse on its premise.
- The breeding season in force for this contract shall begin February 1st and close July 1st of the year covered by this contract.
- It is further agreed that should the above named stallion die, be sold or removed from the premises, or become unfit for service, the parties may agree on a substitute stallion, or this contract shall be null and void. If the mare should die or become unfit for breeding this contract is null and void unless written approval from Stallion Owner granting the use of a substitute mare. Mare Owner MAY NOT transfer, sell, assign, gift or otherwise require Stallion Owner to provide any services not expressly agreed to within this document and has not authority to grant the rights contained within this agreement to any third person. This agreement is binding upon the parties that have signed the agreement hereto, any breach of this article will terminate this contract.
- A Stallion Owner’s certificate will be issued to Mare Owner after all expenses have been paid in full and upon notification of the birth of the foal.
- When the above named Mare Owner signs and returns one copy of this contract to the Stallion Owner it will then be a binding contract on both parties subject to the above terms and conditions. This contract is not valid unless completed in full.
- WARRANTY: No warranties whatsoever, express or implied, shall accompany a breeding transferred by this agreement, unless otherwise stated.
- Mare Owner shall assume all risk of damage to the mare. In the event of death or any loss, deposit is forfeited, unless otherwise agreed by the parties. DEFAULT: In the event that either party defaults on any of the obligations of this contract all legal action will be brought in Pasco, Franklin County, Washington. Any and all disputes shall be settled by arbitration following the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The prevailing party may seek fees and costs.
- It is mutually agreed by and between the parties to this contract with respect to the execution of the agreements herein contained that time shall be of the essence and that the provisions and agreements of this contract shall bind the heirs, legal representatives, successors, and assignees of the respective parties to this contract.
This agreement constitutes the entire contract between the parties hereto, there are no undertakings, representations, or warranties, oral or written, relating to the subject matter hereof, and none of the parties has relied upon any verbal representation, agreement, or undertaking not set forth herein, whether made by an agent or party hereto. This agreement may not be changed, modified, or amended in whole or in part, excepting in writing signed by all of the parties hereto.
APPROVED AND AGREED UPON BY:
Dated this day of , 20 .
KT RANCH, LLC and The Mare Owner
Name of Mare Owner as it appears on the Registration Papers
Address of Mare Owner where billing is to be sent
Daytime phone# Night Phone# Fax#
STALLION BREEDING CONTRACT— PG 3
Sender: Please make a photocopy for your records and return original with