Two of our close friends DID do #1 on the list this summer. Even seeing their pictures on Facebook of the AQHA Hall of Fame and Museum was pretty cool.
The sun is shining, the grass is green and the American Quarter Horse Association has 10 must-do’s you do not want to miss out on this summer. From visiting the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum in Amarillo to attending the Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Championship Show, you’ll have a summer to remember – a summer with AQHA.
- Visit the Hall of Fame & Museum, the mission of which is to preserve and interpret the history and modern uses of the American Quarter Horse and cultivate future enthusiasts. The people and horses honored within the Museum’s walls have earned their places as legends.
- Bank of America Youth Excellence Seminar: 2016 YES, which is July 12-14 in Amarillo, welcomes AQHYA members and nonmembers, ages 10 to 18, to experience this three-day, fun-packed event that offers valuable leadership skills, inspiring speakers and tons of fun.
- National Day of the Cowboy: Join AQHA in celebrating National Day of the Cowboy July 23 at the Hall of Fame. Everyone is welcome to come learn more about American cowboys and their trusty mounts, American Quarter Horses.
- Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Championship Show: The Ford Youth World, which is August 5-13 at State Fair Park in Oklahoma City, features the world’s top youth riders and their American Quarter Horses. AQHYA members will find glory outside of the arena, as well. Youth members have the chance to compete in an array of contests: from judging to speech. To view the tentative schedule of events, visit www.aqha.com/youthworld.
- Horseback Riding Program: The AQHA Horseback Riding Program’s Quarter Horse and All-Breed divisions, sponsored by SmartPak, Professional’s Choice and Noble Outfitters, are designed to reward AQHA and AQHYA members for the time they spend in the saddle.
- Hit the Trails: AQHA’s Trail Ride Program, which began in 1997, annually hosts nearly 80 rides around the world. If you have a horse, you’re welcome to participate! Call the AQHA Trail Ride Hotline at 888-414-RIDE for more information about an AQHA Trail Ride near you. What’s even better, Trail Ride Program participants have the perfect opportunity to earn AQHA Horseback Riding Program hours.
- Enjoy a Horse Show: Visit www.aqha.com/showschedule to find an AQHA show near you. Whether you are participating in the show or enjoy watching the competition, you will be connecting with fellow AQHA members and making memories that will last forever. From beginning to expert riders, those specializing in dressage or Versatility Ranch Horse, AQHA shows offer good times for everyone.
- Head to the Track: Attending an American Quarter Horse race will give your adrenaline level a boost. Visit www.aqha.com/racing to find a race near you. It could be your lucky day!
- Summer Shopping: Check out Quarter Horse Outfitters to gear up for AQHA summer events.
- Be sure to take advantage of AQHA member benefits, discounts and savings: The benefits don’t stop there; AQHA and our sponsors are here to support members in every way possible. If you aren’t a member, join or renew your membership today to let your membership pay for itself in discounts and benefits.
- Get Social: Spend time with the horses you love and share your #youholdmyheart stories and #AQHAProud experiences this summer. Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, Snapchat and Google+
Summer is already flying by, so take advantage of these fun AQHA activities this summer and make many #AQHAProud memories!
For more information on AQHA events and programs, visit www.aqha.com.